Monday, September 3, 2012

First Things First!

First meal in Japan:



Udon noodles with some white paste stuff and soy sauce. Not bad, but still upset my tummy because Japanese food has really strong flavors, and I'd been flying all day. :/


First peach from Japan: 




The most flavorful peach I've ever tasted! Like I said, Japanese food has a lot of flavor. And it was super juicy!

My room!




Yeah, it is pretty small. But at least it's a private room.
This room was almost completely bare when I first walked in. Just the room, the mattress, the metal desk and the sink. It sort of looked like a cell to me except for this random, old cord phone that doesn't even have a plug. But the program director and the Japanese students helping us are super nice and they gave me a fan, some dishes, a modem, and these awesome pink curtains!!



The curtains make my room look much more livable, and without the fan I wouldn't be able to breathe because the room is even more humid than outside!

The bathroom is shared with the whole floor, so I think 19 people. Same with the shower room. It's not a public shower (though I hear they have a public bath somewhere here) but it's one shower the whole floor uses.


What my dormitory looks like from the outside:

The Hallway

The Building
Kind of an old building and it seemed kind of scary at first, but I like it! It's got character. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of people for one shower! I like your cute little room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I found out that the baths are pretty close to our building, so most people go there.

    ReplyDelete